Whether it’s getting a tattoo on a bald spot, joking about one’s own race, showing off huge ears — it takes real courage to have a laugh at yourself. And those who’ve mastered the skill of self-irony are the true heroes of our time!
Here at Smiles Tv, we praise optimists and adore people who have a great sense of humor. So scroll down for a great deal of self-irony!
1. “My turn for love”
© Unknown / imgur
2. “Went to open my fridge…”
© EatPrayNub / reddit
3. When you look more like Harry Potter than Harry Potter:
© bollister / reddit
4. Great sense of humor!
© TTrombone / reddit
5. “I guess the cobbler always wears the worst shoes.”
© madakafa2014 / reddit
6. “A little late but my wife dressed up as Lara Croft for Halloween. She’s an amputee so she improvised.”
© theschway83 / reddit
7. “Thanks! Thanks!”
© briochebro / reddit
8. Level 80 in self-irony!
© 2spooky4Chrispratt / imgur
9. They really take advantage of their beer bellies.
© Slime_Shit / reddit
10. The last name says it all.
© verycoldpizza / reddit
11. Now it makes perfect sense!
© Fergus93 / reddit
12. “I guess I’m an exception.”
© dddash / reddit
13. “I’m at a wedding. Both the bride and groom are police officers. This is what they’re serving.”
© mreastvillage / reddit
14. So accurate!
© Giovy80085 / reddit
15. Nailed it!
© andyreddiator / reddit
16. When a scar is just a new tattoo opportunity:
© Holdenl2121 / reddit
17. “Now I drive a Ford Fiesta Lame.”
© Thechuz1337 / reddit
18. “Trying to even out my tan on my lunch break”
© philfromchico / reddit
19. When you’re feeling great but your hotel mirror puts you back in check:
© submitted / reddit
20. Let’s be honest, it’s never the left version!
21. When you’re not just a single mother, you’re a happy meal!
© chemistrynerd1994 / reddit
22. “My wife told me to get dressed up for professional Christmas photos…I think I nailed it.”
© Darzin / reddit
23. When he’s not watching vs when he’s watching
24. “I finally got to see the Golden Gate Bridge today.”
© Unknown / imgur
The men in avocado costumes were our favorite! Do you have friends who embrace self-irony? We’d be happy to see your stories and pictures in the comment section below!
Preview photo credit Fergus93 / reddit