Summer is the time of the year to wear your most open and breezy clothes. So you want your skin to look its best but heat, sun, and dry air might cause skin problems. And popular skin care brands are not only useless but also expensive sometimes.
The Smiles Tv gathered a number of simple hacks that are quick and easy, and can make your skin look its best in any weather.
1. Baking soda scrub
Surprisingly, baking soda can be good not only in the kitchen but in front of the mirror as well. Make a paste of 3 parts baking soda and one part water. Rinse your face with water and your normal soap then gently rub the paste onto your face.
Rinse it with water once you’ve covered your whole face. This can also work as a face cleanser for sensitive skin.
2. Sweet and salty makes it beautiful
Combine salt, sugar, honey and coconut oil into a thick paste. This scrub can be used for both the face and the body. Use it once or twice a week to exfoliate your skin. It will prevent clogged pores and acne.
The oilier your skin is, the more hard elements (salt and sugar) you can use.
3.Go exotic: Marula oil
The oil absorbs quickly and will leave your skin healthy-looking, not greasy or shiny.
4. Vitamin A
Dermatologists recommend choosing night creams that contain vitamin A, otherwise called retinol. But you can enrich your cream with the vitamin yourself. Add a couple drops of rosehip or carrot oil to your night cream. This will help you avoid stretch marks, acne, and wrinkles.
Also, these 2 oils are helpful against scarring, especially when used on acne scars. But be careful with the oils if you’re pregnant and don’t use products with vitamin A during the daytime. They can affect the skin’s natural sun protection.
5. Tea tree oil is not for tea
Many studies claim that tea tree oil is great at fighting skin bacteria. It helps to relieve irritation, reduce acne, and calm inflammation. Choose an anti-acne gel containing the oil to treat your skin and soon you’ll see the redness disappear and your skin will look much healthier.
6. Take a bath
Try substituting your regular dry bath mix with the following. This will make your skin extra soft. Mix 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup milk powder, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup herbs of your choice, like chamomile. Then grind the mixture in a food processor.
Add 10-15 drops of essential oils of your choice, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 2 teaspoons of body oil. Get a bath bag and fill it with the mixture. Let it soak in shallow warm water for a few minutes and then add water of a comfortable temperature and enjoy.
7. Try to cut down on sugar.
Researchers show that sugar abuse can provoke wrinkles, fine lines, and dull skin. Try to cut down on processed sugar ( e.g. candy, white bread). Try fruits and berries instead. This will both satisfy your sugar craving and provide your skin with healthy antioxidants.
The absolute skincare do’s
Dermatologists have revealed a number of simple everyday tricks that will help your skin look healthy and beautiful.
- Wash your skin daily. Rinse it once or twice a day. Use cleansing products that are suitable for your age and skin type and never go to sleep with makeup on.
- Moisturize your skin. This will keep your skin glowing and remember that even oily skin needs a light moisturizer. Apply this product directly after a shower.
- Use sunscreen daily. Even on cloudy days your skin is exposed to ultraviolet rays.
- Apply eye cream at night. Choose one with vitamins A, C, E, and K. This will help you to prevent wrinkles and dark circles.
- Try to fall asleep on the side of the bed you don’t usually sleep on. This will cause you change sides during the night and cosmetologists say that this technique will help you to reduce amount of wrinkles that develop.
Do you use any other tricks to care for your skin? Share those in the comments, please!
Preview photo credit iamconfusion / imgur